Monday, November 10, 2008

Fight! Fight! I mean...go team!

So my Dad called me up on Election day to see if I wanted to go to an Ice Hockey Game. I had to admit I was a little surprised, my Dad is very into politics and I thought that he would want to stay home glued to the TV to watch results come in...Needless to say, I think that he didn't want to get depressed about the results coming in. But I was happy to go! I don't think I had ever been to a Thunderbird's game (let alone a real Ice Hockey Game!) so I was excited! Despite getting a little lost trying to find the right parking garage (as well as driving the wrong way on a one way street, oops!) we finally made it to our seats on Center Ice - It was a lot of fun and we killed em! 8-2! I did feel a little redneck to be honest, but in a good way... hmmm.

It was a little crazy and all the guys around us would encourage the players to fight like every time the referees would make a call. And, what a surprise, they fought.
2 players from opposing teams whipped off their masks and gloves and started to circle each other.
The funniest thing though, the ref's just kind of stood there and watched them punch each other in the face for a good 1 to 2 minutes before they even moved towards the players!
Ah...what a good time we had!Go Thunderbirds!

The pretty sweet in-between-periods show...Yes that is the mascot riding a trike on the ice.

1 comment:

ChrisandLindsay said...

That's cool...looks like you two had fun!!! Can't wait to see you guys in um lets see....in 11 DAYS!!!!