Monday, November 24, 2008
So in honor of Thanksgiving, I thought it would only be fitting to dedicate this blog to a few of things that I am thankful for (Even though I won't be there this year, Dad, it totally counts!)
These are no particular order...
1. I am thankful for my husband, Michael. Thank you for being all of my motivation in my life. You put up with me, even on my not so nice days, and I love the way you will try and make me smile when I am feeling down. You are always so positive and help me feel calm when I get stressed out! Thank you for being my constant everything! I love you!
2. I am thankful for my family. All of them and their craziness too! They make me laugh and I will love them no matter what!
3. I am thankful for my Savior.
4. I am thankful for music.
5. I am thankful for the internet.
6. I am thankful for doctors and modern medicine.
7. I am thankful for forks.
8. I am thankful for chocolate.
9. I am thankful for clean sheets (they're the best!).
10. I am thankful for that smell after it rains.
11. I am thankful for freshly cut grass.
12. I am thankful for the colors of leaves in the fall.
13. I am thankful for cell phones.
14. I am thankful for microwaves.
15. I am thankful for electricity.
16. I am thankful for mail (even though I usually only get bills!)
17. I am thankful for contacts.
18. I am thankful for my calling and the opportunity to serve.
19. I am thankful for Christmas.
20. I am thankful for toothbrushes.
21. And toothpaste.
22. And deodorant.
23. And hygiene products in general!
24. I am thankful for running water.
25. I am thankful for cars.
26. I am thankful for food and that we have enough.
27. I am thankful for weekends.
28. I am thankful for feather pillows.
29. I am thankful for fuzzy socks.
30. I am thankful for hugs.
31. I am thankful for Sunny days.
32. I am thankful for lilacs.
33. I am thankful for gardens.
34. I am thankful for prayer.
35. I am thankful for washing machines, both for dishes and clothes.
36. I am thankful for clear nights when you can see all the stars.
37. I am thankful for lightning storms.
38. I am thankful for this country that I live in.
39. I am thankful for the temple.
40. I am thankful for my testimony.
Whew! I know that this could go on and on, but I think that putting this all down in writing will hopefully keep me from taking so many things in my life for granted. I hope we will all remember what we are thankful for, no matter what season or holiday it is.
Monday, November 17, 2008
So last week we and our friends, the Brooks, went out on the town in Seattle. We tried a Moroccan restaurant, called "Marrakesh" and the food and experience was fabulous! It was beautiful inside and and we got to sit a comfy cushions on the floor. They washed our hands because we ate with our hands! It was a lot of fun!
We also went to a newer musical called "The Drowsy Chaperone" and it was hilarious. We weren't really sure what to expect, just that it was funny and that it won quite a few Tony's.
The whole musical was a satire and making fun of a lot of the elements of musical theater - It starts with a narrator who is in love with the musical "The Drowsy Chaperone" (which of course no one has heard of!) The whole production basically takes place in his loft.
This is from my favorite song - "Bride's Lament" It was so funny, I almost peed my pants - Almost. Here are some of the lyrics so you can see why!
He knows the musical so well, he starts to sing along with Janet!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Check out the rockin' ring he designed for her!
The pretty sweet in-between-periods show...Yes that is the mascot riding a trike on the ice.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
"Hey, I have to clean all this gunk out?!"
My beautiful artwork on the pumpkin
The Master piece!
I was also on the Halloween committee at work, though it was a lot of fun, it was also very tiring. I can pretty much say that I will never do that again!!!
My Department - AKA Gotham City (- Robin)
Robin joined us later!
Overall, I thought we did a good job on the decorations!
Our Witch's Brew!
Lisa the Gnome, and winner of the costume contest - I mean really, how could you beat that!?
Although I did find Stephanie's costume pretty amusing as well!
The Mummy wrap game
Jade was "Best Dressed" (Sorry! I couldn't help it!!!)
Ah, the good ol' donut on a string game...
Next came the halloween party with our friends. It was a lot of fun, well until everyone bullied us into watching "The Grudge", that was a movie I could have gone my whole life without seeing and stayed happy. Not the biggest horror movie fan...Anyways, everyone's costumes were great and it was fun to hang out!
Mike the Orkin Man and Bri the Bug - Please don't squish me!
And the guys...
Little miss Katie was a clown..until she rubber her makeup off!