Monday, November 24, 2008
So in honor of Thanksgiving, I thought it would only be fitting to dedicate this blog to a few of things that I am thankful for (Even though I won't be there this year, Dad, it totally counts!)
These are no particular order...
1. I am thankful for my husband, Michael. Thank you for being all of my motivation in my life. You put up with me, even on my not so nice days, and I love the way you will try and make me smile when I am feeling down. You are always so positive and help me feel calm when I get stressed out! Thank you for being my constant everything! I love you!
2. I am thankful for my family. All of them and their craziness too! They make me laugh and I will love them no matter what!
3. I am thankful for my Savior.
4. I am thankful for music.
5. I am thankful for the internet.
6. I am thankful for doctors and modern medicine.
7. I am thankful for forks.
8. I am thankful for chocolate.
9. I am thankful for clean sheets (they're the best!).
10. I am thankful for that smell after it rains.
11. I am thankful for freshly cut grass.
12. I am thankful for the colors of leaves in the fall.
13. I am thankful for cell phones.
14. I am thankful for microwaves.
15. I am thankful for electricity.
16. I am thankful for mail (even though I usually only get bills!)
17. I am thankful for contacts.
18. I am thankful for my calling and the opportunity to serve.
19. I am thankful for Christmas.
20. I am thankful for toothbrushes.
21. And toothpaste.
22. And deodorant.
23. And hygiene products in general!
24. I am thankful for running water.
25. I am thankful for cars.
26. I am thankful for food and that we have enough.
27. I am thankful for weekends.
28. I am thankful for feather pillows.
29. I am thankful for fuzzy socks.
30. I am thankful for hugs.
31. I am thankful for Sunny days.
32. I am thankful for lilacs.
33. I am thankful for gardens.
34. I am thankful for prayer.
35. I am thankful for washing machines, both for dishes and clothes.
36. I am thankful for clear nights when you can see all the stars.
37. I am thankful for lightning storms.
38. I am thankful for this country that I live in.
39. I am thankful for the temple.
40. I am thankful for my testimony.
Whew! I know that this could go on and on, but I think that putting this all down in writing will hopefully keep me from taking so many things in my life for granted. I hope we will all remember what we are thankful for, no matter what season or holiday it is.
Monday, November 17, 2008
So last week we and our friends, the Brooks, went out on the town in Seattle. We tried a Moroccan restaurant, called "Marrakesh" and the food and experience was fabulous! It was beautiful inside and and we got to sit a comfy cushions on the floor. They washed our hands because we ate with our hands! It was a lot of fun!
We also went to a newer musical called "The Drowsy Chaperone" and it was hilarious. We weren't really sure what to expect, just that it was funny and that it won quite a few Tony's.
The whole musical was a satire and making fun of a lot of the elements of musical theater - It starts with a narrator who is in love with the musical "The Drowsy Chaperone" (which of course no one has heard of!) The whole production basically takes place in his loft.
This is from my favorite song - "Bride's Lament" It was so funny, I almost peed my pants - Almost. Here are some of the lyrics so you can see why!
He knows the musical so well, he starts to sing along with Janet!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Check out the rockin' ring he designed for her!
The pretty sweet in-between-periods show...Yes that is the mascot riding a trike on the ice.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
"Hey, I have to clean all this gunk out?!"
My beautiful artwork on the pumpkin
The Master piece!
I was also on the Halloween committee at work, though it was a lot of fun, it was also very tiring. I can pretty much say that I will never do that again!!!
My Department - AKA Gotham City (- Robin)
Robin joined us later!
Overall, I thought we did a good job on the decorations!
Our Witch's Brew!
Lisa the Gnome, and winner of the costume contest - I mean really, how could you beat that!?
Although I did find Stephanie's costume pretty amusing as well!
The Mummy wrap game
Jade was "Best Dressed" (Sorry! I couldn't help it!!!)
Ah, the good ol' donut on a string game...
Next came the halloween party with our friends. It was a lot of fun, well until everyone bullied us into watching "The Grudge", that was a movie I could have gone my whole life without seeing and stayed happy. Not the biggest horror movie fan...Anyways, everyone's costumes were great and it was fun to hang out!
Mike the Orkin Man and Bri the Bug - Please don't squish me!
And the guys...
Little miss Katie was a clown..until she rubber her makeup off!
Monday, October 27, 2008
There were adorable little kids everywhere getting their pictures taken in their Halloween constumes, we saw a little lion, dragon, and puppy! Too cute!
"The Corn is as high as an Elephant's Eye!"
We Made it! Yea!
So many choices, so little time!
Found the perfect one!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
It was more work than we thought, but pretty fun to see these kids in their Halloween costumes mustering up the courage to ask each other to dance. Ahh to be 14 again! (Just kidding - it wasn't THAT fun!)
I think Mike and I danced for half a song. The night was fairly uneventful (more funny than anything, watching the kids do the 2 Deacon shuffle was great!) We did have a little incident where some kids got a little crazy moshing and had to be broken up.
I think Mike and I are getting old or something! The dance ended at 11, but we had to wait until all the teens dispursed and made sure they all had rides. We were tired and just sacked out when we got home! Pathetic, I know!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Cooper trying to squish me out of the shot!
I love my little brother Cooper. Even though he is the baby and oftentimes gets away with a lot more than I think I ever did, he is a lot of fun.
Last weekend Mike had a scouting trip to Othello for a shotgun shooting merrit badge so I decided to visit the fam in Moses Lake. It would be nice to spend a little time with my Mom alone and to see Coop.
On Saturday, Cooper and I got a little quality time together as he wanted to go with my to pick up Mike in Vantage. And I thought he loved ME! He was so excited to go see "Mikey" he was willing to go for a drive (it's about 30 minutes 1 way!) So we packed up his portable DVD player loaded with Thomas the Train, his all time fav, grabbed a Happy Meal on our way out of town and hit the road. It was fun talking with Cooper, I swear he says the funniest things. Plus he now thought I am the coolest sister ever (thank you Happy Meal!).
However, once we got to the pickup place, Mike was nowhere to be found. They hadn't left when they were suppossed to. But Cooper was very good, he just played a chatted and watched his movie. It was so cute, he is now singing in front of people (it usually embarrasses him) and sang along to his Thomas movie, which I have recorded for your viewing pleasure (you're welcome Mom!) I love that he just makes up his own words until he knows the actual words :)
In the middle of August (I told you I am slacking...what is it, October now!?!), we met up with the Baker clan for some fun on Good Ol' Moses Lake. It has been a really long time since everyone has been together at the same time and it was great to see everyone. However we were missing Christopher who is still on his mission, but at the same time we were plus one as Ashley had her boyfriend Kyle with her.
We had a barbeque, boated, went tubing and wakeboarding and just had a good time!
Here are some pics from that day...
Kyle, Ashley's boyfriend getting some air over the wake
Kelly, making sure nobody does anything stupid on his watch!
Mike and I chillin in the boat (it was nice and warm, perfect for boating) and yes, I did get burnt
We finally convinced Cooper to try a ride in the Tube for the first time! see the video below...
Our crazy Baker family, plus Kyle
Cooper's 1st Tube ride!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Last Month we went to Westport, WA on the Pacific Ocean to catch crab. Weird weather all day, sun would be out for a little while, then it would downpour rain. We had a sucessful trip anyway, as you can see from the pictures.
Pulling up the crab ring
A good haul
Almost Caught our limit!
Freshly cooked crab, yum!
Monday, September 1, 2008
I thought this was a really cute picture of Cooper with Dad. They are so much alike in so many ways!
Here they are again!
Mom joined us outside for about 1 minute to take this picture...
Mike and I enjoying the sunshine!
This was actually from the day before at the zoo, but I didn't have space in my previous blog. Aren't the flamingos extraordinary! I think they are very beautiful!